Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Unlikely Hero of Room 13 B



As my final selection for this year's challenge, I have to admit my understanding of this particular novel is probably barely adequate. It's and interesting cast of characters and I'm particularly fond of Wendall/Sweetie as he's such a quirky little kid. He reminds me of the little sister in Tim Wynne-Jones's A Thief in the House of Memory. Now, even in my severely sleep deprived state I couldn't help but note the similarities between the group therapy scenes and the support group in The Fault in Our Stars (though clearly this is a far more productive group than the one John Green describes). And I liked that it wasn't all neat and tidy happy endings. Life is messy and change is necessary. Some things aren't meant to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment