Saturday, June 20, 2015

Hold Me Closer


When this book first came out, I had no intention of reading it. Not only was Will Grayson, will grayson not my favorite John Green novel, Tiny Cooper wasn't my favorite character within that novel. I found him overly exuberant to the point of irritation at times. But when I was building a reading list for this challenge,  this seemed like a good bridging novel, a slight mental break for evening #2. For the most part, that's exactly what this book was. It doesn't exactly break new ground in storytelling. While the level of detail may be more than what we got in the original novel it doesn't really take any new turns. What it does do, which the original did not, is give Tiny a little more depth of character. We see a little more of his vulnerability and fear, his longing and doubts. It doesn't work as a stand-alone at all but fans of Will Grayson, will grayson will get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment