Monday, June 15, 2015

A frisbee story

The story of today's craft goes something like this: My nephew was visiting this weekend, so I didn't have any immediate plans to make any craft projects. As it turns out, our weather this weekend was phenomenal. Sunny, warm, the works. The sort of weather that begs for picnics and outdoor activities. I live in a second floor apartment, so I don't really have much in the way of outdoor equipment. Not even a frisbee, as it turns out. The solution? Make one.

Luckily, I have a copy of this book:
which has a pattern for a crocheted t-shirt frisbee. It was simple enough to find an old shirt and cut it into the appropriate sized strip. The crocheting itself should have been quick work. Of course, three rounds in my crochet hook broke. And I didn't have another one that size. Or even in a close size. I found a smaller hook and tried to work really loose. Which, of course, didn't work. The resulting frisbee looked more like a hat. I ended up pulling pretty much the whole thing out and making up the pattern as I went along. We ended up with a not completely round, sort of curly, frisbee. But it mostly flew straight and was easy to throw and carry. To my mind, that makes it worthwhile.
It's not much to look at, but was pretty fun to toss around.

No comments:

Post a Comment