Monday, July 14, 2014

What a crazy random happenstance

So, the craft project I'm sharing with you this week requires a little bit of explanation.  If you're anything like me you have a favorite movie to watch when you're sick or really tired or whatever. That movie that you've seen a hundred times so you know pretty much all of the dialogue but can still make you laugh or cry or -insert appropriate emotional response here-. For me that movie is "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog". If you've yet to experience the awesomeness that is Dr. Horrible, you can watch it here. As I was watching it last week again I couldn't help but think of an action figure that was waiting in a box to go to Goodwill.
This guy

Iceman was pretty beat up when I bought him in a bag of action figures (a bag I purchased for the Batman figure it held) and I had already scavenged his water pack for another project but it seemed a shame to just throw him away. As Penny sang about hope it struck me: Iceman really wanted to be a Dr. Horrible character. When I examined him more closely, I realized that his smirk and body type made him the perfect Captain Hammer. A few coats of acrylic paint later and here he is.
I'm fairly pleased with the end result
Of course, Captain Hammer is nothing without Dr. Horrible, so I found another old action figure and got to work.
Slightly less awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment