Thursday, July 24, 2014

Picture books for everyone

This new feature comes from a conversation I had the other day with my sister. While her kids are now high school and junior high aged we were discussing picture books that they might still enjoy.  Apart from the simple fun factor, some of these books are visually beautiful, ask kids to interpret a great deal visually, or even address some intellectually high concepts. So, I thought I would occasionally share one of these books here. 




Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems

Really, most of Mo Willems's books will appeal to kids of all ages with their quirky humor. I've decided to highlight this particular book because every time I've read this to my preschool storytime, it's gotten more laughs from the parents than the kids. Between the visual elements and the subtle jokes it should go over well with older kids exploring it on their own or families reading it together who might point out these elements to younger kids. My personal favorite parts are anything to do with the dinosaur who happens to visiting from Norway.



No comments:

Post a Comment