I'm a fan of historical fiction for all ages, but especially for middle grade readers. I've always found historical fiction to be a good way to make a personal connection with a history lesson. It personalizes dry facts. Here are six historical fiction books, mostly for middle grade readers, published in the last six months.
6 New Historical novels
1. Fleabrain Loves Franny by Joanne Rocklin (the polio epidemic)
2. Revolution by Deborah Wiles (1960's)
3. Stay Where You are and Then Leave by John Boyne (World War One)
4. The Children of the King by Sonja Harnett (World War Two)
5. Faces of the Dead by Suzanne Weyn (the French Revolution)
6. A Death Struck Year by Makiia Lucier (the Spanish flu epidemic)