Saturday, August 23, 2014

I want to tell you a story

With summer reading at an end we had just two programs this week. The first was a special guest at my Tuesday storytime. Two members of our library puppet group (ages 11 and 12) who had to miss our annual puppet show performed their story at storytime. They adapted the picture book Wait! I Want to Tell You a Story by Tom Willans. After the show they answered some questions, played with the kids a little, then helped them to make simple puppets of their own.

They laughed like this the entire time
The snake and the lizard

Hard at work on our puppets
Trying out the puppet stage with one of the puppeteers

Yesterday was the last planned day of the Story Laboratory. We've enjoyed this program so much and it is so easy to do that we may schedule it again in the future. Here are a few shots from yesterday.

I love this back cover
If I remember correctly, the right-hand pages reads "Don't step in poo"
I'm quite fond of the dolphins and manatee jumping out of pink and red water.




No comments:

Post a Comment