Monday, August 18, 2014

Hippos and dishes

With all the prep I've been doing for the Monster Tea Party, I didn't have time to work on any big crafts this week. I did manage to get two small projects done though.

Hippo magnets
I was given this kit a year or two ago and it's been just sitting in a drawer since then, waiting for me to get around to painting them. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. They now grace my refrigerator.

Sculpey dishes

This was an experiment. I wanted some shallow dishes that I could attach magnets to the bottoms of in order to make magnetic pin holders. They didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped. The foil I used to create the domed shape left depressions in the clay. I was also playing with using rubber stamps to make a pattern in the dish. On the plus side, the magnet does hold pins through the clay so I'll be trying this one again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment