Saturday, April 23, 2016

Book review - When We Collided

When We Collided by Emery Lord


Oh man! Some weeks it seems like I read one mediocre book after another. This challenge, though, finds me reading a series of mind-blowing books. I expected this to be a standard teen romance. It has some of those elements: the meet-cute, the misunderstandings that cause relationship strife, that kind of thing. But it is so much more than all that. At heart, this is a story of grief and mental illness, realistically portrayed. I was a little concerned at first, with the scene of Vivi throwing her medication into the ocean. Lord's approach, though, resolves itself to a more sensible, realistic approach to medication. Vivi must find the balance between her health and her sense of freedom. This is a book I could easily see recommending to others.

Pages in this book: 352
Pages read so far in challenge: 976

No comments:

Post a Comment