Monday, June 30, 2014

In which I attempt to draw

I'm not really an artist. Sometimes I like to think that I can draw. That's how I end up with stuff like this.

This dragon may well be the best thing I've ever drawn. It took a shameful amount of time to complete
The hedgehog is sort of half drawn, half painted

And this one is meant to be an Orc
And the only conclusion I can come to is that I'm better off cartooning than attempting to draw anything real. To that end, I set myself a challenge. Every day for a year (I started in June), I'm drawing a cartoon llama. Why a llama? Not sure, except llamas are funny. Why a year? Yeah, I don't really know that either. A year seems like a good amount of time to learn something. I draw them with marker to keep myself from overthinking the process. So, here are some I've done so far.

This is the baseline llama, the drawing I made in May that stands as the model for the others.
I made this drawing mid-June. It's pretty representative of the drawings I've been making.
I'll probably do some updates as the year passes so you can see how my llamas change.

No comments:

Post a Comment