Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Guest review - Noggin

This is my second guest review and the first of a book I myself have reviewed. This is part of a project that I am undertaking with Abby, the Lupine Librarian. We hope to do a handful of these throughout the year.

Noggin

What if death wasn't absolute? John Corey Whaley explores this idea in his latest novel, Noggin. Travis and his friends and family must deal with the harsh reality that his cancer is terminal, unless an experimental head transplant will miraculously save his life. Against all odds, Travis wakes up five years later. He's the same guy - with a new body. If you can wrap your head around this idea, noggin makes for a great, thought-provoking read. The main character's relationships with his best friend and girlfriend pre and post transplant are especially poignant.
I would say this book is thought-provoking.




And that's Abby's review. Check out my review of Noggin here.

No comments:

Post a Comment