Saturday, June 7, 2014

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe






A delightful, "thinky" kind of book. That's what I love most about this one. Ari is trapped in this pattern of over-thinking everything. He is so prone to over-thinking that he tries not to think about anything uncomfortable. At the same time, he considers all these big ideas. As the title says, the secrets of the universe. And it's only when he makes connections with people that he begins to find any answers. It's almost uncomfortable to read at times, the awkwardness of his interactions with other people almost physical, but uncomfortable in a good way. It stretches you. 



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored this book. I loved the two main characters, I loved the parents, I loved the story. One of my top 5 picks from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book really stuck with me. I hope you're enjoying the 48HBC so far, Martha!

    ReplyDelete