This week's Recon Team prompt is: Please name 10 scenes from a book that you'd want to experience.
Here is my list.
1. Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt - drawing birds from the Audubon book with Doug
2. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick - watching the automaton work for the first time
3. Leviathan by Scott Westerfield - meeting the perspicacious loris or exploring the airship
4. Redwall by Brian Jacques - the first feast with all of the animals (that food sounds amazing and I'd like to hear the moles talking '"burr oi, zurr")
5. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis - the gathering of the Narnians at the stone table
6. Astronaut Academy by Dave Roman - Dinosaur Driving lessons (need I say more?)
7. The Story of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting - meeting the Pushmi-pullyu
8. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling - Quidditch!
9. Airman by Eoin Colfer - Conor's first glider flight
10. Right Ho, Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse - Pretty much any scene because this book has Gussy Finknottle (which has got to be the funniest name ever) and Bertie trying to be as wise as Jeeves and failing on a spectacular level.
On a side note, compiling this list has made me realize that most of my favorite scenes are far too dangerous to want to actually experience. Not sure what that says about me.