When I introduced this feature last spring, early chapter books were one of the first lists I shared. At the time I focused on new series. Many of the books on this year's lists are part of ongoing series. Still, they are well worth reading. Here are six books for kids just beginning to read chapter books published in the last six months.
6 new early chapter books
1. Dino-Mike and the T-Rex Attack by Franco Aureliani
2. Frank Einstein and the Electro Finger by Jon Scieszka
3. The Ghost and Max Monroe: The Missing Zucchini by L.M. Falcone
4. Pop Goes the Circus by Kate Klise
5. Piper Green and the Fairy Tree by Ellen Potter
6. Francine Poulet Meets the Ghost Raccoon by Kate DiCamillo