I blame this one entirely on Desmond Pucket Makes Monster Magic (see my review dated 8/21). In the book, Desmond talks about altering his sister's Barbie dolls into monsters. I had already thought about trying my hand at frankentoys, so that reference was enough to put me over the edge. Luckily I had a few little McDonalds toys that were well suited to what I had in mind: a centaur.
|My Little Pony|
Now, once I got him assembled, I realized that the legs were a little short so I added a little height with some Model Magic that I had lying around. While the pony's hooves have depressions that helped anchor the clay, I did end up having to glue those additions on with hot glue.
After a quick base-coat of white, I painted his features in acrylic. I finished him with clear acrylic sealer.