Have you ever noticed that characters in novels tend to have the same hobbies. They're either athletes, aspiring writers, or musicians. For this list, I gathered titles where being a musician plays an important role in the plot. So, here are six books published in the last six months that in some way feature musicians. Most of these titles are teen oriented but #3 is more of a Diary of a Wimpy Kid read-alike.
6 new books about musicians
1. Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding
2. The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre
3. Excellent Excuses (and Other Good Stuff) by Liz Pichon
4. The Rise and Fall of the Gallivanters by M J Beaufrand
5. Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
6. Song of Summer by Laura Lee Anderson