Monday, March 2, 2015

You can't take the sky from me

If you've been following my blog for a while you might remember the time I made Dr. Horrible action figures. While I was quite pleased with how Captain Hammer turned out I was never very happy with Dr. Horrible himself. I spent a lot of time thinking about how to make him look better. I eventually decided that he's simply the wrong fundamental shape to really resemble Dr. Horrible.
So, I decided to take this action figure in an entirely new direction. He struck me as more of a Malcolm Reynolds (from Firefly).

Liberal application of acrylic paint soon set him straight.
Barely looks like the same action figure, right?
Now, if you've ever seen Firefly you know Mal seldom travels without his crew. I dug through some old action figures and found this guy:
I believe this is Four Arms from Ben 10
He was missing and arm when I bought him in a bag of figures and has been tucked away ever since. I was able to take off his extra arm (and a half) with a Dremel tool and a razor knife made quick work of those spikes. The resulting figure was perfect for Jayne Cobb.


His feet are still forked but otherwise it's a decent resemblance
This is probably not the last you'll see of repainted action figures on this blog. I've been eyeing a couple for Firefly's Wash as well as Lord Ballister Blackheart and Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin from the webcomic Nimona.

No comments:

Post a Comment