Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WWW Wednesday

What are you currently reading?
Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich
All of her life, Rebecca has been working towards her Acceptance, the day that she becomes a full citizen and is eligible for marriage. She works hard in school and follows all the rules. So it comes as a surprise when the Machine rejects her as a future criminal and she is sent to the PIT. There is no future in the PIT, only lawlessness and decay. Rebecca's only chance is to throw in her lot with a group planning to escape.
I haven't read too far into this one yet but I've been enjoying what I read so far. A pretty interesting beginning. Hopefully it lives up to it's promise.
 
What did you recently finish reading?
Blood of My Blood by Barry Lyga
When we left them at the end of Game, Jasper, Howie, and Connie were in trouble. Jasper had been shot and locking in a storage unit. Howie had been attacked by Jasper's aunt Samantha and was potentially bleeding to death. And Connie found herself in the clutches of Billy Dent himself. They must escape their circumstances if they are to stop Billy's murderous reign. In the process they will come across someone even worse: the Crow King.
I was on edge the entire time I was reading this book. I wished I didn't have to go to work so I could spend my entire day finding out how Jasper could possibly get out of the trouble he had gotten himself into. If you like serial killer stories and aren't to squeamish, this is a fantastic read.
 
What do you think you will read next?
For Real by Alison Cherry
A story of two sisters bonding over their participation in a reality show. This isn't my usual choice in genre but I'm trying to expand my reading horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment