Friday, November 28, 2014

Book review - Blood of My Blood

Caution: this review may contain spoilers for I Hunt Killers and Game 


Title: Blood of My Blood 
Author: Barry Lyga 
Genre: thriller
Similar books: Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
                     The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Rating:
Completely gripping
Summary: When we left them at the end of Game, Jasper, Howie, and Connie were in trouble. Jasper had been shot and locking in a storage unit. Howie had been attacked by Jasper's aunt Samantha and was potentially bleeding to death. And Connie found herself in the clutches of Billy Dent himself. They must escape their circumstances if they are to stop Billy's murderous reign. In the process they will come across someone even worse: the Crow King.
My opinion: Oh Barry Lyga, what are you doing to me? This book had me on edge the whole time I was reading it. It is the hallmark of a good thriller that even when you've figured out who the killer is there is still a heavy layer of tension. That was certainly this case with this book. Now, this was by far the most gruesome of the trilogy and takes Jazz right to the brink of darkness, tipping him nearly over the edge more than once. I like that it doesn't end perfectly, with Jazz still dealing with the sense of darkness inside of him. In all, it is a most satisfying ending to the journey we began in I Hunt Killers.
Advanced Reader Copy provided by NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment