Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WWW Wednesdays

What are you currently reading?
A Bird on Water Street by Elizabeth Dulemba
In Coppertown, everyone is connected to the mine. Jack's whole family has worked there and it's expected that eventually Jack will too. The thing is, he's not sure that's what he wants. He finds himself wishing for more, for a place where things grow, where there are trees and birds.
This coming of age tale combines parental expectations with societal and ecological issues. It reminds me somewhat of Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, one of my favorite books when I was in middle school.
 
What did you recently finish reading?
Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey
After finding the high school football coach dead, Millie teams up with mysterious football player Chase to track down the murderer. In the process a number of other secrets come to light.
This was a pretty solid mystery, though I found the construction of the chapter ends got a little old after a while.
 
What do you think you will read next?
Second Star by Alyssa Sheinmel
I'm a big fan of retellings, so this new version of Peter Pan is likely to be right up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment