Monday, August 8, 2022

Necklace organizer

 Some crafts are born of necessity.

I don't wear necklaces very often but I have a few that I enjoy. I'm always frustrated when I go to put one on and find the chains all tangled up. That's what happened to me this weekend. Now, I could buy an organizer but I am...let's say frugal. Instead, I decided to fashion one myself out of cardboard and paper clips. I cut two end flaps from a box (so they would be the same size) and partially unfolded some paper clips.

It was a simple matter to hot glue the paper clips along the bottom edge of one piece of cardboard and layer the other piece on top. With a hole punched into the cardboard it was ready to hang.

It's a little bland, hanging on the wall, so I'll add some interest with duct tape or paint in future but since I was short on time this weekend this is enough for now.

Update:

I have not found my duct tape but I did find these little color-your-own Marvel posters. A little work with some markers and they make my necklace hanger much more interesting on the wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment