Monday, April 18, 2022

Upcycle bag

 We've been doing a clean-up recently. As a part of that effort, we were sorting through some old picture books. I came across a copy of Big Bird's Red Book. The cover was torn off and the rest of the book wasn't in much better shape. While the book was destined for the bin, I rescued the cover.

I started by protecting the cover with contact paper. Once it was sealed, I cut a piece of cardboard the same size and covered that with red duct tape. Then I made sides out of black duct tape. A strap from a worn-out water bottle sleeve finishes it off and turns this into a nice little bag.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I've been doing a lot of upcycling with denim lately, and trying to get all of my fabric for quilting from the thrift store. You are far more clever with your crafts than I am!

    ReplyDelete