Monday, April 11, 2022

Natural beauty care

 I have short hair, so I've always bought mousse to keep it tidy. Mousse is not without it's problems though. I find the scent overwhelming and I hate throwing away the empty cans. So this spring I decided to try something new. I've started making pomade out of beeswax, coconut oil, cornstarch, and essential oils. It works so much better than mousse ever did, even taming my cowlick sometimes! And with the scent combination of cinnamon, orange, and cedar it smells so nice I have caught myself occasionally sniffing my own hair. 

The pomade is the most recent addition to my homemade beauty/skin care collection. I also make this salve out of beeswax, lanolin, and peppermint and eucalyptus oils (both for their soothing qualities and for their ability to mask the rather pungent scent of lanolin). The salve is great for small scratches, chaffing, and badly chapped lips.

 

The thing I made that started me on the natural care path was this lip tint made from beeswax, coconut oil, and beet powder. It leaves your lips shiny, conditioned and evens out lip color in a pleasant way.



No comments:

Post a Comment