Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Crafty Christmas Countdown: 9

 Several years ago, I used to upcycle promotional buttons with wire, sequins, and the like for craft fairs. After I ran out of buttons, I got out of the practice. I rediscovered it this week, though, when I found a random button and some Christmas fabric.


The first step is to spread glue all over the front and around the perimeter of the back of the button. Stretch your fabric tight over the glue and leave it to dry. I usually put a weight on top of it to hold the fabric in place. Once the glue is dry, trim any excess fabric and glue down any loose places. Then add your embellishments. For this button I added a couple of custom cut sequins. I prefer to use a stronger glue, either E6000 or hot glue, for this step. Once the glue is set, seal coat the button.



No comments:

Post a Comment