Moving to a new town or a new school is a classic set-up for a youth novel, and with good reason. Finding yourself in a new situation, adjusting to new schedules and a new peer group; these are a solid framework for addressing personal and family issues. Here are six books published in the last six months that feature kids who recently moved to new towns as a primary character.
6 New books with kids new to town:
1. Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D. Schmidt
2. Evie Brooks is Marooned in Manhattan by Sheila Agnew
3. Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer
4. Crystal Cadets by Anne Toole and Katie O'Neil
5. Sanctuary Bay by Laura J Burns and Melinda Metz
6. The Girl in the Well is Me by Karen Rivers