Monday, March 20, 2023

Coat pins

 At Christmastime I made a sheep pin for my coat and was surprised by how much I loved it. I'm not usually into decorations on my outerwear but I loved that sheep to the point that I left it on my coat well into February and felt a bit bereft when I finally removed it. I figured the solution was to add a more all-seasons pin to liven up my coat until warmer weather. I was inspired by old decorative medals to take a bit of ribbon and add a charm. Since it is reading month, I thought I'd make a little felt book. The results were ... underwhelming.

I had just about given up on the pin idea when I found some little decorative glass bottles at my dollar store and was reminded of a bit from one of Disney's oft forgotten gems - "The Emperor's New Groove". A felt scrap and a bit of plain white sticker with some marker was all it took to replicate the poison vial. 



The poison. The poison for Kuzco, the poison chosen especially to kill Kuzco, Kuzco's poison. That poison?

No comments:

Post a Comment