Monday, November 7, 2022

Angora

 Today I have for you not a craft, exactly, but more of a project.

I have a pair of angora rabbits. If you're unfamiliar, angoras grow long, super-soft fur. Here's how they looked in September, before their fur was at it's longest



This particular breed of angoras sheds that long fur every couple of months and all of that fluff needs to be removed. Here's what they look like de-fluffed.



And because it blows my mind a little bit, here's the collected fur.


But why do I tell you all of this (other than the fact that I love talking about these rabbits) and how is that a project? My plan for this fur is to spin my own yarn. You may recall my diy drop spindle. So look forward to seeing a post about angora yarn in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment