Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Non-fiction book review - A Star Explodes

 

A Star Explodes by James Gladstone

When we think about significant events in space, things that would have been noted historically, we tend to think of comets and eclipses. Especially when it comes to an event as far back as 1054. I guess it had never occurred to me that a supernova had ever been observed by people. This is an event that was never mentioned in any of my history or science classes. While my own knowledge of space and things observable in the night sky is pretty limited I was pretty fascinated by this quick book. I don't know that it will be enough to induce an interest in astronomy in a child but for those already into space this is a must read.

Advanced Reader Copy provided by NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment