Monday, March 4, 2019

Sometimes things can be fun and practical

Socks are one of my favorite craft supplies. My stock is a combination of feet from unused socks (left over from doll clothes) and whole socks with worn spots. I was sorting through them and found a couple of pieces that coordinated rather well.


I had in mind to make a snail and this seemed like a good combination. I cut the top of the foot and front of the leg from the striped sock and a narrow strip above the heel of the purple sock and stitched them into pillows, coiling the striped one as I went.

 
 A pipe cleaner and some pompoms gave the snail eyes. I wanted a practical use for the snail, so I've tucked a small sewing kit into the snail shell and use the top as a pincushion. It sits on my desk at work, decorating it and storing supplies at the same time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment