Spells, faeries, witches, giants. Magical elements seem to resonate with young readers and there are some really excellent fantasy novels being written for them. Here are six books published in the past six months that feature magic.
6 new magical novels
1. The Spell Thief by Tom Percival
2. Long Live the Queen by Gerry Swallow
3. The Uncommoners: The Crooked Sixpence by Jennifer Bell
4. Tricked by Jen Calonita
5. The Castoffs Volume 1 by MK Reed
6. The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis