Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Sad Story of a single sock

About a year ago I decided to knit myself a pair of socks. I found a pattern I liked and got to work. It mostly went okay There were some problems with the written directions for the heel but I got it figured out. Anyone who's ever knitted socks, though, knows what happened next. I got bored and set the sock aside. Just for a week or two, I figured.

So, here we are a year later. I found the random sock stuffed in a box with some craft supplies and figured I ought to at least finish the pair. Remember that problem with the heel directions? Yeah, I didn't write down the correction. I have no idea what I did to make it work. So, the sock remains alone. Will I ever make it a mate? Maybe. Probably not with this same pattern though. That ship has sailed. Luckily I have no problems wearing mismatched socks.

The sock in question
 

No comments:

Post a Comment