Monday, April 10, 2023

Leaf pillow

 I had this idea to make a cushion shaped like a life, either for this hard wooden chair at home or for my stool at work. I wanted to use materials I already had on hand so I fashioned my cushion from a shirt, some egg crate mattress pad, and scraps of quilt batting.

First I designed my leaf shape and traced it onto the shirt. Cut out the leaf leaving a good half inch to an inch seam allowance.

Cut the same shape from the foam and quilt batting. I cut two of each to get a nice thick cushion.

 

Sew most of the way around the outline and then turn it right side out and jam the padding inside. My shirt was knit fabric so it stretched to cover the cushion without needing any trimming. Sew the opening shut.

 

At this point my leaf was pretty bulgy so I stitched in the vein lines to hold it a little flatter.



No comments:

Post a Comment