Saturday, December 24, 2022

Crafty Christmas Countdown: 1

Christmas wouldn't be complete if I didn't make at least one sheep. I found my inspiration from this pin. I'm not sure what the original was made from but I used cardboard, a little craft foam, and some angora yarn that I spun. This was part of my first attempt at spinning and it was messy, to say the least. It wasn't going to knit well so this was the perfect way to use it. The base is simple, a ring with small rectangles for legs. Since the legs will be exposed I wanted them reinforced with craft foam.


Then I just wrapped the yarn around the ring until it the body looked fluffy enough. I glued on another piece of foam for the head and secured the loose end of the yarn on top. With a pin back and a little string bow, it adds nicely to my coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment