Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Non-fiction book review - Ingredients

 

Ingredients by George Zaidan

Who among us has not heard, or even told someone, "all that processed food is poison". We say it confidently but do we have any clue why that might be? I know I've repeated it without question. And that's what lead me to this book. Zaidan breaks down the chemistry of our "natural" foods and of the ultra-processed types, of sun screen and spray tans, and all the other products we use regularly. He's attempting to understand how they work and what other affects they might have on the body (not to mention pointing out the flaws in the studies that have lead to the conclusions we repeat). And this is no off the cuff exploration. There's enough chemistry in the writing that I found myself floundering at times. Even so, it's worth the effort for the truly curious among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment