Monday, August 27, 2018

K-9

This week's project is a happy combination of something I needed and an idea that struck me randomly.

I have a really nice wooden bookshelf in my room. It currently fills the only wall space that reaches the full ceiling height as one side of my room is under the eaves. That means that when my book shelf is full, like it is now, I don't have a lot of options for shelving. 

About the time I was realizing that I was running out of space, I decided I wanted to craft something K-9, the Doctor Who robot, themed. And randomly I thought of making a K-9 that would open up to reveal internal shelves. My first thought was to create 3 shelves for holding some collectibles but the need for book space over rode that. 

For this project, I decided my best option was cardboard. I started with a reference image and a straight edge and eyeballed my proportions.

 
quite a lot of hot glue involved, plus an orphan knitting needle for the tail
Most of a bottle of acrylic paint and a little duct tape for a handle finished it off.


And there's even room in the top for an extra shelf that holds my sonic screwdrivers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment