Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Non-fiction book review - A Concise Guide to the Quran

 

A Concise Guide to the Quran by Ayman S Ibrahim

It's been my ambition for several years to read the Quran, but my one attempt didn't get very far. I really struggled to understand what I was reading. Having read this book, I think my next attempt will go better. Ibrahim provides essential background information here. The questions answered include when it was written and several ways that Muslim culture relates to their holy book. I'd consider this book essential reading for anyone who wants to better understand Islam. My one suggestion would be to read it one question at a time. Let what you've read percolate before you attack the next one. 

Advanced Reader Copy provided by NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment