Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Non fiction book review - The Spirit of Springer

The Spirit of Springer by Amanda Abler

I've never been super into whales like some. They're cool and all but they never really fascinated me. Nor am  I typically entranced by the orphaned baby animal story. This one really captured me though. Not so much specifically because of Springer. To my mind the interest is in the process. How they identified first Sprinter's pod and then her individually. Who'd have know that whales have specific dialects? And then all of the challenges of returning her to her pod: health complications; assuring that she didn't get too comfortable with people; the physical transport; and the difficulty of finding a while that would take her in. Its a quick, easy to follow read that packs a lot of facts into a short number of pages.
Advanced Reader Copy provided by NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment