Saturday, April 28, 2018

Book 1 complete - My So-Called Bollywood Life

My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma

Initially, I was not impressed by this book. The typical romance tropes hit hard. I rolled my eyes hard and sighed a lot. It wasn't until I reached the final quarter of the book that I realized that this was intentional, that Sharma was using tropes to make a point. Is it a point that I entirely agree with? No. She's talking about destiny and free-will essentially being the same thing. Even though I disagree, at least I can see why she's using so many chiches. A good choice for fans of teen romance and rom-coms.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who loves Bollywood films, I think I'd enjoy this book and I'm really glad for the rec. Hope your readathon went well!:)

    ReplyDelete