There are many levels of science fiction, from mostly realistic with some mild sci-fi elements to tales entirely set in a fictional world. While my personal tastes lean more towards the former, I try to read novels that fit all over the spectrum. Luckily, there are some really good sci-fi novels being written for young people these days. Here are six sci-fi novels, from beginning readers to teen novels, written in the last six months.
6 new sci-fi novels:
1. Nowhere Near You by Leah Thomas
2. The Time Museum by Matthew Loux
3. Star Scouts by Mike Lawrence
4. The Castoffs by M.K. Reed
5. How to Tame a Triceratops by Will Dare
6. Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray