Monday, August 1, 2016

Righting a wrong

I got this journal some time ago. It works really well as a sketchbook: unlined pages, hard cover, and a perfect size for carrying. In fact, the only thing I don't like about it is this illustration on the cover.
 I have no objections to the use of Hedwig. She's a decent symbol of the Harry Potter series. No, objection is with this particular drawing. It's a little awkwardly drawn with the offset beak and lumpy body.  Plus between the pose and the facial expression she looks a little furtive, like she's up to something less than honorable. And what's with the dog collar? I decided the only solution was to draw my own version and paste it over top. My drawing doesn't completely cover the original so I may, at some future date, add some black paint around the edges. Even without that, though, I think my version has given Hedwig back just a little bit of her dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment