Thursday, January 1, 2015

Looking ahead

Originally I had intended to write a list of book/blog resolutions today but all of my attempts ended in just a few lines. I think I’ve concluded that I’m not really a resolution sort of person. Instead, I’ve looked ahead at some book news. Here are 10 books I’m looking forward too in the coming year.

10. Jack by Leisl Shurtliff publishing 4/14
    I read pretty much anything fairytale based. Somehow I’ve missed Shurtliff up to this point. This might be a good place to start.
9. Rutabaga the Adventure Chef by Eric Colossal publishing 3/24
    Sounds like a pretty funny concept for a graphic novel.
8. Because You’ll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas publishing 6/2
    A story of two friends who've never met. The complications sound like they could be really cool. Or really weird.
7. Black Dove White Raven by Elizabeth Wein publishing 3/31
    Wein is another author I’ve somehow missed so far. This one sounds right up my alley.
6. Painless by S. A. Harazin publishing 3/1
    I don't know. Medical issues are just fascinating to me, especially when paired with the process of discovering yourself and traveling towards adulthood.
5. Watch the Sky by Kirsten Hubbard publishing 4/7
    I'm also fascinated by controlling cults and attempts to escape them, which is the focus of this upcoming novel.
4. The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun David Hutchinson publishing 1/20
    A story of grief, this one sounds heartbreaking.
3. Dr. Critchlore’s School for Minions by Sheila Grau publishing 3/17
    We get books about training to be a hero and books about training to be a villain. Minions almost never get the focus. So this book could be a great deal of fun.
2. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson publishing 5/19
    I read this one when it was a web comic. It’s a great story and I was thrilled when I found out it was coming to print. Plus, Stevenson promises bonus content in the print edition.

And most excitingly

1. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell publishing 10/6
When I read the news about this one I literally flailed and started shouting “I don’t believe it.” And I might have slapped the sofa cushion. And maybe my sister, with whom I live, stared at me. When I read Fangirl I found myself very anxious to find out what was going to happen to Simon and Baz. Not knowing was one of my few disappointments at the end of the book. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment